Coaching for Creatives
Life & Relationship Coach
What topics can you bring to coaching?
- Stress, Overwhelm, Doubt
Tame your “Monkey Mind” to enjoy more consistent ease
- Productivity & Time management
Approach new practical skills with compassion and curiosity
- Purpose & Career
Clarify where you really want to go and how to get there
Create and cherish a life of connection that you enjoy showing up for
- Health and Well-being
Develop your lifelong relationship with your whole being and body
- Financial Success
Use money in alignment with your intentions and values
I’m a professionally-trained coach through the Academy for Coaching Excellence (ACE), an accredited training program of the International Coach Federation (ICF).
The coaching model from ACE combines the latest in neuroscience with powerful principals from ancient wisdom teachings. This framework is both pragmatic and transformational.
I use this method to support creatives to move beyond what has been clouding the path in order to take consistent action towards what has the most meaning for them to contribute next.
We'll have to chat to feel our chemistry but in the meantime, here's a little about me
I have always been interested in supporting people to share their unique creative gifts and fascinated by how we learn. I’ve explored this in multiple careers, in many collaborative and intimate relationships, while living in one place, and while traveling nomadically.
I have my Masters Degree in Education with a specialty in bilingual (English/Spanish) and worked as a teacher in NYC trying out all the different school system styles.
I have been a professional dancer and choreographer in the US and Europe.
I co-directed the first anthropological documentary on Contact Improvisation, Five Ways In. I toured the film to over 16 countries and facilitated discussions in which individuals, inspired by the film, investigated their personal questions within community.
You can find the article in Contact Quarterly online titled: Awareness, Engagement & Resilience here
You can find my writings on: Long distance relationships, Uncoupling: Ending a partnership, Polyamory, and Finding your partner in the second edition of the book: Getting along: skills for life-long love here.
I still travel and teach dance and community visioning workshops in North America a few times a year.
As a life coach, I love to support creatives to take action and celebrate the life shifts or projects they bring in to their lives. I also support non-monogamous folk to show up to their many relationships in ways they are proud of.
Through working with Alyssa, I feel more confident to take small, but very important steps in my life. Alyssa has helped me connect to and clarify my deeply held values so that I could take action towards them, with a whole lot more ease and fun than I’ve ever known how!! I moved the needle as a facilitator, how I show up for others, my own projects, and mostly in the way that I hear my own thoughts. She’s helped me interrupt unsupportive ways of thinking with a kind of gentle encouragement that I’ve learned to bring to myself.
I was wary of this process, not sure how it would take hold for me. Through working with Alyssa, I feel it kind of just secretly infiltrated my perspective of positivity-recognizing and dismantling the negative talk in my head. By setting meaningful goals and building the ability to zero in on the goals and meaningful opportunities important to me, I now feel a plethora of community impact and have exciting opportunities important to me in line with my goals.
What others say
- I feel responsible to myself in a new way. Alyssa has been my partner in helping me to trust me, and have something to show for it.
- I started working with Alyssa because I was experiencing a lot of shift in my life. I was considering a career change, and was also re-prioritizing my personal life. Alyssa really used the framework of coaching to help me investigate what was motivating my desire for change, and identifying what obstacles and fears stood in the way. I feel more prepared to make my career change, and also more committed to leading a life that better reflects my values and priorities.”
- Alyssa combined a focus on action-oriented steps with the time and space to explore what was behind those actions in a way that was very helpful to me.
- Before working with Alyssa, I was struggling with identifying my priorities, such as whether to go back to school, stick to a daily routine, or develop better relationships. Coaching helped me identify my priorities by helping me notice from week to week what was stopping me from advancing in my goals. From there we would put on a sharper lens to help identify what my true goals actually were and adjust accordingly.
What value will I take away?
My starting package is two 55 minute sessions per month, for 6 months: Time enough for meaningful results and a commitment to make it happen. Renewing after is always possible.
Practically speaking, I offer a simple, easy, and straight-forward process so we can focus our on what’s most meaningful to you.
Free Discovery Session
A 60 minute call in which you get clear on your goals.
A Simple Contract
Coaching Sessions by Phone or Zoom
You can choose to meet with me either on the phone or by Zoom. With the Zoom platform you choose to to use video or audio from the convenience of where you are.
Ongoing Text and Email Support
Between sessions you can contact me with celebrations, updates and questions. I love to hear from you.
Celebration and Next Steps Session
Prior to your 12th session, we have a free 30 minute phone call to recognize your accomplishments and discuss whether renewing is the next support to take you to the next level that you are playing for.
- Therapy is about healing; coaching is about action.
- Consulting prescribes expertise-based solutions; coaching puts your own wisdom into action.
- Mentoring guides you based on a mentor’s wisdom; coaching guides you according to your own values and intentions.
- Training follows a set curriculum toward set objectives; coaching reveals your own objectives and a path to fulfill them.
Package and Rates
My starting package is two 55 minute sessions per month, for 6 months.
I base my two-session-per-month fee on the following:
- What will reflect the value you’ll receive?
- What will give you more than your money’s worth?
- What will honor a variety of situations?
- What will allow my work and my family to flourish?
How to choose your rate?
Diversity & Inclusivity
Interested? Have a question?
Great. Let’s schedule a chat.
I’ll answer your questions and we’ll see if this is a fit right now.
You are thinking of a friend? Wonderful.
Please send them here.
Let them know that this kind of support is available and happening.